100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2013
Origins Available: Dutch, German, Norwegian, Scottish, Swedish
Where did the Norwegian Hall family come from? When did the Hall family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hall family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hall Settlers in the United States in the 17th Century
- Georg Hall, who landed in Virginia in 1620
- Hugh Hall, who landed in Virginia in 1623
- Christopher Hall who settled in Virginia in 1623
- Edward Hall settled in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1630
- Edw Hall, who arrived in Virginia in 1635
Hall Settlers in the United States in the 18th Century
- Anthony Hall, who arrived in Virg,inia in 1701
- Edwd Hall, who landed in Virginia in 1705
- Egram Hall, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1730
- David Hall, who landed in America in 1743
- Clement Hall, who landed in North Carolina in 1744
Hall Settlers in the United States in the 19th Century
- Adam Hall, who landed in America in 1801
- Aric Hall, whose Oath of Allegiance was recorded in Pennsylvania in 1803
- Aric Hall, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1803
- Alexander Hall, who landed in Connecticut in 1811
- Hobert Hall, who arrived in New York, NY in 1811
Hall Settlers in the United States in the 20th Century
- Frederick Hall, who landed in Mobile, Ala in 1903
- Charley Fredrick Hall, who landed in Wisconsin in 1912
- Monty Hall (b. 1924), best known as the host of the popular game show "Let's Make a Deal"
- Arsenio Hall (b. 1956), American actor, comedian, and talk show host
- Asaph Hall (1829-1907), American astronomer, who discovered and named Deimos and Phobos, the two satellites of Mars
- Edward T Hall (b. 1914), American anthropologist who explored differences between cultures in terms of time, context, and space
- Brigadier General William Preble Hall (1848-1927), American Army officer awarded the Medal of Honor for valor in action on October 20, 1879
- Edwin Herbert Hall (1855-1938), American physicist who discovered the "Hall effect"
- Diane Hall (b. 1946), original name of Diane Keaton, American Academy Award winning actress, director, producer, and screenwriter
- Gary Wayne Hall (b. 1974), American swimmer who competed in the 1996, 2000, and 2004 Olympics and won ten Olympic medals (5 gold, 3 silver, 2 bronze)
- Staff Sergeant George J Hall (1921-1946), American Army soldier awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1944
- Technician Fifth Grade Lewis R. Hall (1895-1943), American Army soldier awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1943
- An Alabama Newspaper Tradition: Grover C. Hall and the Hall Family by Daniel Webster Hollis.
- A Givens-Hall Family History from Pre-Revolutionary Times to 1970; Including Many Related Families Such as Alexander, Bowman, Black, Chapman, French, Green, Johnston, Phlegar, Ross, Snidow, Stafford, Welker and Others by Dorothy Hall Givens.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
This page was last modified on 7 May 2013 at 12:35.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!