Winslet History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Winslet family
The surname Winslet was first found in Cornwall where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor.
"The manor of Bochym, under which name this district was taxed in Doomsday, originally belonged to an ancient family called Bochym. It belonged in the days of Henry VIII. to John Winslade, who was executed for joining in the rebellion raised by Arundell in 1549. Norden mentions Winslade as 'that instrument of the rebellion, in which he undertook to be one of the leaders of the Cornish troops, at a time when Bochym was the place of his abode.' " 
Early History of the Winslet family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Winslet research. Another 139 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1141, 1445 and 1559 are included under the topic Early Winslet History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Winslet Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Winslade, Wynslade, Winslate, Wynslate, Wynstall, Winslatt, Winslaid and many more.
Early Notables of the Winslet family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Winslet Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Winslet family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: the name represented in many forms and recorded from the mid 17th century in the great migration from Europe. Migrants settled in the eastern seaboard from Newfoundland, to Maine, to Virginia, the Carolinas, and to the islands..
Contemporary Notables of the name Winslet (post 1700) +
- Anna Melissa Winslet (b. 1972), English actress and is the elder sister of Kate and Beth Winslet
- Beth Winslet (b. 1978), English actress and is the younger sister of Kate and Anna Winslet
- Kate Elizabeth Winslet (b. 1975), award-winning English actress and occasional singer 
Related Stories +
- ^ Hutchins, Fortescue, The History of Cornwall, from the Earliest Records and Traditions to the Present Time. London: William Penaluna, 1824. Print
- ^ Kate Winslet. (Retrieved 2011, February 8) Kate Winslet. Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Winslet